Module 8 Outcome A: The student will describe the professional code of ethics.
The reason for this is that parents and guardians entrust them with one of the most important parts of their lives- their children. This means that they expect you to show the qualities and attributes that comprise a quality childcare provider.
Professionalism isn’t an intrinsic skill that each professional person is born with. Instead, it is a set of competencies or skills that are expected of a professional person. Honing in those skills and competencies take time and training. Professionalism also requires that a person dress, act, and train appropriately in order to meet a certain set of standards set by their field.
It is a resource to assist the afterschool professional in understanding the ethical responsibilities inherent in providing afterschool programs for children ages five to eighteen.
- Defines accepted and acceptable behaviors.
- Promotes high standards of practice.
- Provides a benchmark for members to use for self-evaluation.
- Establishes a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
- Provides a vehicle for professional identity.
- Provides a mark of professional maturity.
Optional Online Resource for Further Study
Coursework is submitted to us live, as you complete each page. An optional checklist is available to keep track of your progress. Use the menus to return to where you left off in the training. If you need help, click on the Student Support Chat on the bottom right corner of the page.